National Moving Month Event Highlights Consumer Protection
State Rep. Celia Israel and Rep. Jason Isaac Join Consumer Advocates, Industry Experts & State Regulators to Educate Texans on Consumer Rights
Consumer Awareness Tips
Texas law requires:
- A mover to be actively licensed with TxDMV and USDOT.
- A valid TxDMV or USDOT number must be displayed on the moving truck.
A mover must give consumers:
- A written proposal or estimate that shows either a guaranteed flat price (binding amount) or a “not to exceed” maximum amount for the move.
- A written and signed contract before the move begins.
- Standard liability of 60 cents per pound per item. (Note: It is unlikely standard liability will cover the cost of your item. Some